Friday, August 19, 2005

Beaches, Colds and Harry Potter

I've now finished re-reading the first 3 Harry Potter books, I enjoyed reading them but don't seem to be very good on picking up on the hints left in the first few books that are mentioned on a Potter forum I have visited. I've only recently read or re-read the last 3 books so didn't want to r-read them again and I'd read the first 3 much faster than I'd anticipated so I didn't know what to read. I know there are more books in this world than Hp* books but every time I've been to my local library to look I've just got confused. I used to read murder mystery type books but I've gone off them a bit and not really sure what type to pick - maybe some similar to Hp would interest me but then I don't know where to find them in a library full of rows and rows of books. However to solve my problem of having nothing to read I have ordered 2 Hp school books from Amazon - Quidditch through the ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, I'm not really sure what to expect from these books but they weren't too expensive so I thought I'd get them. I also ordered a Hp quiz book which I'm sure will provide hours of fun lol.
I'm quite aware that I now have less than 2 weeks left of my summer holidays and before recently I haven't really done much of what I wanted but I have now started to but I would have preferred to have started being a bit organized before now, I've spent most of my holidays being lazy *rollseyes*. I've started to learn the guitar again and I'm not as bad as I thought I'd be although I'm watching a video and it's probably started with the easiest. I went to the beach yesterday the water was very cold but at least the sun was shining, I was quite disappointed to find the place I have eaten at before has changed and didn't have the yummy chocolate cakes I was looking forward to. I've had that beginning of a cold feeling the last few days but I'm hoping it wont develop into a really bad cold. Surely you shouldn't get colds in the summer !!!

* I've shortened Harry Potter to Hp as the first takes too long to type each time although you probably could have guessed that's what it stood for ;-)

No comments: