Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What to do...

Decisions, one of those things in life that can make me confused although I in some cases having a decision to make, makes life fun and interesting. I have a prom coming up in the summer and have been thinking that it will be fine, I have awhile yet but I went shopping for some and quickly realised getting/ ordering and altering dresses takes time and that's without the time it takes for me to decide which I want. I have been to several shops and so far have found 2 that I really like. One is turquoisey (not sure if that's even a word) and sort of 'hippy' chick with elegance mixed in and apparently was seen on a 'celebrity' in a different colour...not that, that would influence my decision at all :-P. The other is dark purple and is very elegant and lovely but I just don't know which I prefer. The first suits my eye/skin colouring and the hippiness is probably more me but this is a prom and the lovely deep purple that is so nice is tempting me rather a lot but I just don't know. The problem for me, as well as deciding which I want, is getting one that actually fits, the purple one will have to be ordered in a size 2 (which is a size 0 is American sizing!) but the turquoise one would just need altering even though it is a size 10 which to me makes no sense but... There both quite expensive which is also making me wonder whether I should try and find a cheaper one as it is likely that I'll only wear it once and I'll also probably be the one at the Prom that sits in the corner feeling self conscious and out of place. *rollseyes* I think I really need to have another look around this weekend and decide by next week so I still have time to order the Purple one if I decided it is that one that I want.

On another totally un-reletted subject but another thing involving decisions is whether or not to go to 'Boro town hall to see Alistair Griffin in April. I do want to go but I am not sure whether to wait until he comes a little further south, that's if he does do a gig further south anytime soon. Also I need to find out more information about Collectormania 9 (which I really want to go, the actors who play the Weasley twins are going to be there, and come on, who doesn't love the Weasley twins ;-) Also Robert Pattison is scheduled to be there and even though I have met him already I'm not going to say no to seeing him again ;-P (I am hoping other HP actors will be anounced and I wouldn't object to the lovely Matthew Lewis or Tolga Safer* being there. ;-) I've also got to decide whether to go and see Alchemy and (although I do have awhile before having to) whether to go and see Tabby again although I'm hoping for an easier to get to gig to be announced before the other one happens. I do have a Uni Summer school and hopefully a trip to see Riccardi to look forward to probably but... I do also have these things called exams, GCSE exams tro be exact and they need to be revised for and Coursework needs to be completed/improved ect. I now which is more important so that is what I am going to try and concentrate on. I also need to sort out other aspects of my life such as the amount of time I spend on my computer and the time I go to bed (too late!) I also want some spare time to read more of the J K Rowling (auto) biography (I'm never sure which it is if it's one that's been written by someone else?) I have been reading and to add some more to my fanfic amongst other things. Oh and ofcourse there's the minor fact that the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire DVD comes out on monday so hopefully I will be able to get a copy although I don't know when I will get time to watch it all through with my mum (who hasn't seen it yet, whereas I have seen it 3 times) and to watch the special features. :-)

*aka Bob **

** Don't ask***

*** No really don't (in truth I'm not sure I could tell you the true reason as I'm not sure of it myself)... although you could check out his fansite - www.kingofhogwarts.proboards51.com ;-D

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I think the purple dress sounds lovely (though I am a sucker for dresses).

As for the biography thing - autobiography is when it's written by the person it's about, biography when it's written by someone else. :-)

Jenny said...

Thanks for the info :) I will try and remember the difference.

I think I am going to go for the purple dress, but maybe at some turquoise jewlery and get a shawl made in purple and turquoise lol.