Thursday, March 30, 2006

Last minute plans

I was rather disappointed when I couldn't get tickets to go and see The Feeling at a local venue but my mum put my name on the waiting list and we waited without much hope as apparently the list was quite long but yesterday (the day of the gig) at about 6 I got a phone call saying that they had two tickets! So, after quickly having a bit of tea and texting someone else to see if they could get here in time, I had to get ready. I decided to wear the same as I wore to the Bedford last week but I did feel a bit self conscious in my skirt and had a bit of a problem finding any black tights that didn't have holes in them or patterns on them and actually fitted which meant I was later than I wanted to be but as it happened The Feeling weren't on until 10.15 and most people seemed to know this as their weren't many people there at first.

Edit: I'm back to edit this, a little bit later than planned but hey... So 2 support acts, both good, Lorraine (the 2nd) the best out of the 2 imo and then it was time for the main act. I'm so pleased I actually managed to get tickets in the end as they were great, sound even better on the cd which is a good sign. Some bands/artists sound worse as they're voices are so manipulated on cd's, some sound the same and some sound even better which I think can be the sign of a great band especially when they already sounded great on the CD. They were on for about 45mins I think, and then it had ended, no encore so went out to text my dad but then Lesley (who I was there with) went off in search of The Feeling and she was gone for a bit so I thought i'd go back in to the place where the gig was held and there she was with Dan the lead singer so I got to meet him, have him sing my half ticket (why do they feel the need to tear my ticket in half, I wasn't sure what else to get signed) and have my photo taken with him which was really cool and then I went off home to try and get some sleep as I had school the next day. :-)

No comments: