Sunday, June 04, 2006

A mini-party, street teaming and a lot of walking, all in 3 days

Friday, I got an invite to a mini party/ get together/ whatever you want to call it, involving a few friends, 2 people I hadn't met before, one of which being rather good looking and alot of drunk people hugging each other. I did get chance to see who was evicted from Big Brother before I went, as despite not wanting to watch it before it started (well apart from Big Brother's big mouth with Russel Brand, obviously ;-D) I have ended up watching and was pleased to see Sezer go out this week.
Saturday- I woke up feeling kind of calm and happy, I opened a package that I had been sent, see that it has next day delivery on it, I'm thinking 'why was it so urgent it got here when I don't need it to the 3rd July?' and therefore decide to check that it was the 3rd July, so I check the email I was sent, that says it is, so I calmed down a little after the intial uh oh feeling but decided to check the venue site just incase. There it says 3rd June. It is the 3rd June. Arghhh! I was supposed to be street teaming for a band called Larrikin Love (who I hadn't actually heard of before I got the email from the site but who were actually quite good) and I wasn't prepared. I had never done it before, I didn't even have a clipboard. So after going dancing and having some lunch and doing some revision as yes there are still 2 weeks of GCSE's left, I go on a shopping trip to buy a clipboard and as I just couldn't resist some skinny black jeans ( I have since tried them on and well they don't look as good on me as they seem to other people IMO soI am yet to decide whether they will be going back). I then went of to visit my nan whilst trying to find someone to come with me to go street teaming and getting a little nervous at the prospect.

A little later on, friends, clipboard, mailing lists and free badges all in the car I was ready, well as ready as I could be having only found out that morning. After a little bit of worry that we weren't going to be allowed in (I hadn't been put on the guestlist as I had been told but when who I think was their tour manager found out we were the street team we were allowed in, free for me and one friend). I was a bit nervous but got into it and when my friends who both smoke deserted me to go to the shop and to smoke various times I was left to actually talk to people by myself, which if you knew how quiet and shy I can be, is scary yet I did it and felt proud of myself and afterall I choose to do it and I wanted to and I did enjoy it and would like to get the chance to do it again. I was a bit dissapointed that my friend deserted me at the end but hey I know to choose someone else to help me if I do get a chance to do it again. *To be continued, It's nearly 11pm y'know *... I think I got quite a few people (about 46) but I haven't done it before and don't know how many people were there, it wasn't completely packed, so don't know if that is good or not. I've now typed them up and sent them pff to the relevant person. It is all run by people on a website's (http://www.ukundercurrent.co.uk) forum which I originally joined so I could be a part of Paolo Nutini's street team although I haven't yet had a chance to do much for apart from ring up for his video on The Hits but I'm hoping I will get to somewhen.

Today, I have completed a 6 mile (I think) sponsered walk for Animal Aid in London.

Tomorow, a maths GCSE which I don't feel prepared for and The Feeling's album comes out, have I mentioned I'm hopefully going to see them this week?.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»