Thursday, June 15, 2006

The penultimate GCSE...hopefully

Aslong as I don't fail and have to redo any of them today I have my second to last exam - Business Studies, I've not done alot of revision for it until just a minute ago although I have looked through my books a bit but it is only worth half a GCSE so it doesn't matter too muich although I still hope I do o.k. Tomorow I have m,y last GCSE- French which shouldn't be too difficult although that may not mean I do well, I haven't really revisied much for it either as I've been busy with subjects like Maths, English and Sceicne and as it was the last one I've kept thinking 'oh it's fine, I've got ages until I have to sit it'. Trouble is now it's only one day and it's my nan's 90th birthday today so we are having a mini party (o.k so it's just a meal with a few people round but that counts as a party, right?). I will try and find some time to do some last minute french revision though and my exam isn't until the afternoon again. Then after about 3.15 tomorow I will be freee. The summer will then involve lots of gigs and outings I expect. You know I said that I was going to stop going to many gigs during my exams? Well that kind of didn't happen, but it's not really my fault if the people I like announce lots of gigs and I don't think they've affected me atall as I haven't been to any the day before an exam. I've noticed that al these small unsigned bands and artists that I've been following for quite awhile are now getting some of the recognition they deserve, now ofcourse that's good for them but it does mean my summer may be quite expensive wityh lots of singles and albums to buy and gigs will I'm sure get more expensive as they get more fans but that'll just mean I'll have to get a job. I want one working with animals but the only places that I can think of are pet shops and I don't really agree with the way they are kept sometimes and would much rather work helping animals but most rescue shelters and similar places are going to be voluntary, which is good but I do need money as I feel a bit bad making my parents pay for all these mad ideas about outings and adventures that I seem to get regularly. :-P I'll have to keep looking I guess...

I'm hoping to go to T4 on the beach this weekend, (although we do know have a spare ticket, anyone interested?) which I bought tickets for back when The Kooks were supposed to be playing. They are now not but although I am dissapointed there are still people there I want to see and hopefully I get to see The Kooks do a proper set somewhere somewhen. Out of the people that are currently announced (if they don't change their minds again like they have been!) the bands/artisits I'm looking forward to/don't mind seeing are (not in a relevant order) - All American Rejects, The Automatic, The Feeling, Embrace, Feeder, Orson, Matt Willis (I've yet to make my mind up whether he's good or not having only heard one song which I did like), Razorlight (Wooo lol), The Zutons and Will Young. I also don't mind listening to Basement Jaxx although I wouldn't buy their stuff, and Mcfly are naff but hey a bit of naff is good. :-D Also the same goes for Danni Minogue, I'm yet to decided whether I like her stuff or not. There are a few people like Shayne Ward Simon Webbe, Lily Allen and others that I'm not sure about yet, what I've heard of theirs hasn't been to my taste. Also the Pussycat dolls aren't who Id'd choose to listen to usually but I'm sure singing along to 'Don't cha' could provide a bit of amusment. Frank are also there who I don't think I've heard before (and Pet Shop Boys who I think I prob should have heard before but can't remember) so I will reserve judgement until atferwards. I think I may go for a toilet break during Busta Rhymes and/or Ne-yo as although I'm sure they're great and have many fans their music isn't really my thing. I amny give them a chance at first thought and listen to a bit. Now don't worry everyone I shal hopefullyl be coming on to blog about this particular adventure with all my comments on the artists - which may be quite long so I'll apologise in advance ;-) lol.

Anyways, I have revision to be doing now so best go and actuyally do it rather than just saying I will do it in a minute. I will prob blog before I go Sunday, I'm sure you will all be fascinated to know if I manage to get tickets for the Elijah Wood photo sessions at the London Film and Comic Con, which I may just have mentioned a few times ;-), as they are supposed to go on sale at 6pm today, I've made random notes around the house so hopefully I will remember! :-D :-)

No comments: