Thursday, June 29, 2006

All dressed up and somewhere to go (hopefully) :-)

Well my induction day went o.k, I had a good time, enjoyed the lessons that I did - English Language, Media Studies, Critical thinking and Computing although I did notice that I was the only girl I think in my computing class but I presume there will be more people when we actually start. (I especially a quiz that meant I could show off with my knowledge of celebrities ;-P). I spoke to a few people I didn't know but most people seemed to have there little groups already sorted so I didn't make any friends as such but hopefully I will get to when I start (that's if I get the right GCSE's). I do now know how to get there and back on the train although it might take me a a little longer to be certain of how to get to it at the other end.

Anyway back to now, my prom is being held tomorrow which I'm both excited and a little apprehensive about. I'm quite happy with my dress but I am quite self conscious so will prob feel nervous in it to start with. We are supposed going in some big car, not sure what it is but I think there will be about 10 of us. After the prom it self I hope to go to one of the after parties although how and which I'm not sure yet. My dress is a lovely aubergine colour and is long and straight (and a little too tight despite me quite thin anyway) with little sequins at the top. I also have a very nice bag which I think gives me the look of film stars from the past. I might put some photos on here but I think I will blur my face out of it lol.

On Sunday, I have another dress to wear, one that my mum has very kindly made me. It is cream and has sparkly gold bits around the long arms and around the top and I have a gold belt and a blonde wig. I'm not decided whether I'm going to be an elf, Gladariel (sp) or Eowyn yet as it could sort of me either although prob looks more like one of the dresses in the film of the latter. I am ofcourse, if you've seen them/read the books, talking about Lord of the rings as I'm going to hopefully meet Elijah Wood and have my photo taken with him. I think I might have mentioned this a few times. ;-P.

As I do have a bit of a taste for trying to meet famous people. I also have bee looking into trying to get to London for the Pirates of the Caribbean 2 premiere in London. I'm not sure just how early I'd need to get there though to get anywhere near the barrier, presuming that all premieres are done in the same way. I think I'll have to look into that a bit more before deciding whether to go. It would be rather cool to see Johnny Depp in the flesh even if it be from afar.