Friday, January 27, 2006

Why does the computer insist on telling me that something is not responding?

I have to admit I got rather annoyed yesterday when my computer would not let me watch the Bedford webcam however I tried, not even after I re-started the computer. I wanted to watch Alchemy (www.alchemylive.com) but I wasn't able to. My computer is low on memory and very slow so that could have been the problem but I'm not sure, I've not dared to try it and see if it works today as annoyingly whenever I tried to play the webcam on the site it just made everything go slow and I had to try and close it and it took ages for it to close, but it doesn't just close when I go to the task manager and press end now- oh no, it displays a message saying 'This program is not responding'... really!, and I suppose I hadn't noticed that and that wouldn't be why I'd resorted to pressing 'end now'? My computer and the Internet are the things that can make me very annoyed, which probably shows just how dependent I am on it and when it goes wrong, I get rather angry, although I think yesterday all the things that were/are in my mind and all the stresses of gcse's revision, coursework and other non-school related stuff culminated (not sure if that's the right word?) so I got more upset and annoyed than I may have done normally, thankfully today I'm o.k again and the computer, although still slow seems to be behaving itself. My dad's ordered new memory and it will be going in sometime next week to get that put on and my DVD-RW sorted (we had that installed but as soon as we turned the computer off and on again it disappeared of the icon menu so apparently there must be something that's not co-operating with it which will have to be sorted) and I should then be able to put some internet security onto the computer as it has none at the moment as it needs an update but we can't use the DVD drive and we probably don't have enough memory anyway however I don't like not having anything to stop viruses as I don't want it to get one and for me to lose everything I haven't been able to back anything up yet as the DVD-RW won't work yet *rollseyes* Oh the wonders of technology ;-) :-)

* Hope this all makes sense, it's late, I'm tired :-)


--------------------------------

This is a bit random but I wanted to tell somebody lol, I'm hoping to go Latin dancing tomorow, which was one of my new years resolutions, to go to a dance class/group, so as I have so far failed at keeping some hopefully this is one will be one of the ones* I manage to actually stick to :-)

* The other resolution that I'm sort of sticking to so far would be the 'go to lots of gigs (and just go out more, do something different and have fun in general)' one ;-) Not a very difficult resolution, but it's fun one to try and keep to ;-) I've so far seen only seen Alchemy live (guildford) but I did go to a casting call in London which must come under the 'do something different' part and I've got tickets to see Tabby live and I'm hoping to go and see a few other people at some point (Alchemy again, Riccardi, Paolo Nutini) if I am able to, the problem is that they are mostly on school nights the day before gcse pratcice exams or at places that will most likely be over 18's.

No comments: