Saturday, January 28, 2006

Is it wrong to fall in love with a fictional character?

O.k so I've not really fallen in love with this particular 'character' but I think I like him more than is probably normal. Has anybody read Monday's child by Louise Bagshawe? I'm really too tired to write anymore at the moment so if anyone has read it and got any comments or guesses as to who I may be referring to, leave a comment (although no spoilers please as I haven't finished the book yet :-)), and I'll read them and write more tomorrow when I'm *hopefully* more awake :-)

3 comments:

Corinne said...

I don't know the book in question, but I do know the feeling you're on about. I think I've fallen in 'love' with more characters [and indeed writers on the strength of their words] than I dare think about. I mean, Mr Darcy anyone? I always class it as the mark of a really good book.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...

Glad I'm not the only one ;-):-)
And yes, it must mean it is a good book if the writer can make the characters seem real enough so that you can actually have a feeling towards them ,whether that means you like or dislike a character.