Saturday, January 28, 2006

Oh how I love a happy ending...

Well, I have finished reading the book - Monday's child by Louise Bagshawe and it does have the happy although quite predictable ending that I was hoping for.

I haven't really read many books recently with the exception of Harry potter books, which I've read and re-read and maybe even re-re-read. I used to get a lot of books from the library, mostly teen murder mystery books, I think most of them were series type books (point something perhaps, not sure) and really all I have read before has been children's books (I know Harry Potter is no longer purely a children's book but it was originally so that kind of counts) so this was a different type of book to which I'd read before (although it did have two references to Harry Potter in it which was amusing to me) and I loved it. I wasn't sure at first but I really got into it. I felt a connection to the main character 'Anna Brown' as I am, like her, the not so pretty one amongst much better looking friends who get all the boys attention, there's quite a few differences as she is in her 30's and thinks she's fatter than lots of people which is the opposite to be being skinnier than most people, which is not always an advantage as some may think. I don't usually mind my friend having more interest from boys but I have to say this week because I do actually quite like someone at the moment so I noticed the fact that they all seem to manage to quite easily get boyfriends more and reading this book was quite interesting, I wonder if I'll get a similar happy ending (although perhaps not the possible marriage bit ;-) )

Anyway I did really like the book and now I'm actually disappointed that I've got to the end, I wanted to read more about Anna and Mark Swan and be told all about their marriage, which she'd have invited Kitty and all the other people who laughed at the thought of her and Mark, just so she could show people you don't good looks aren't always everything, I'd also liked to have read more about how her job as a screenwriter went, now I know this is meant to be left to the imagination but I just wanted more to read. I think I may start reading her next book 'Tuesday's child' I'm wondering whether there is/will be books for all 7 days, having read the back I'm not sure if it'll be as good, sort of sounds like it's on the same lines as the other one but I didn't[t known ow much I was going to enjoy 'Monday's child' when I read the back so I think I'll give 'Tuesday's child' a try.

* Hope this all makes sense, I've left it until the evening when I'm tired again, although having spend too much time on the computer last night and getting up to listen to Alex Zane (one of my new obsessions, O.k well not really an obsession, I just think he's great) on Xfm (although turned out he wasn't presenting the show this week for some reason, not sure if we were told what it was, was concentrating more on my book than I was listening to the radio for most of the time and then I went Latin dancing which was fun, I wasn't the only one, although there were two people I sort of know from school which was a bit embarrassing but the shy quiet person that I am, was proud of myself for going even though my friend couldn't come so I went by myself and actually talked to someone :-D I'm hoping to go again :-)

No comments: