Thursday, May 04, 2006

These are a few of my favourite things...

I've only just got round to updating you all on my eventful weekend, it started off with me doing a dance exam which although a little bit scary went fine I think and I enjoyed it anyway which is afterall the most important thing. On Sunday, I had to get up at about 7am to get to Milton Keynes at about 9.30ish but by the time we'd actually found the right place to park and where the actual event was taking place it was almost 10am and there was rather a Long queue for the Phelp's twins (aka the Weasley twins) and I was a little concerned that we would not get to meet them before I had to leave especially when I was told that it would be about 2 and a 1/2 hours and considering it was then just gone 10am and I needed to leave by about 12.45/1am that was leaving it a bit late thankfully it didn't take that long and it was our VT numbers that were on the board so we could queue up and meet them. They both seemed friendly, sadly being the shy person that I am I didn't say a lot although my dad asked if they were currently filming and they said they were, he also asked which was which, I wonder how many times they get asked that. Anyways we talked for a bit, I had my photo taken with them and then we went off to meet Afshan Azad, who was very friendly. She wasn't over busy and did have an open queue so she asked me questions about what my favourite character was, what I was looking forward to seeing in the next film and which book was my favourite, unfortunately I had a sort of mind blank and wasn't sure what to say which is annoying as I can usually talk for ages about Harry Potter once you get me started but this time I didn't and kind of said In don't know and sarcastically said that she ofcourse was my favourite character, how could I forget to mention the lovely Neville who is infact my favourite character. After I'd managed to prob make her think I was boring and had my photo taken with her we went off to get some lunch before leaving to drive to Peterborough to get the train to 'Boro. Before that I had got to meet Warwick Davies as he had an open queue also, he was very friendly and I had my photo taken with him. He really is small like Flitwick it's not any camera trickery. I might post some of my photo's on here if I can cut me out easily :P and work out how to do it.

So after a train journey to 'Boro, some tea and getting ready we headed off to the crypt, we got our tickets from the box office and could hear that they had infact already started although I think only just as the first act was being introduced. I have to admit the 1st 3 acts aren't really to my taste but they were all their for the good cause (It was a Brian Clough memorial concert) and I'm sure others did enjoy their sets. I did get the feeling the hall would have been a bit emptier had it not been for Alistair and his band though. He came on about 10.15 and the hall had to be cleared at 11pm so it did feel a bit rushed but he was great none the less, not so much chatting in between but I feel that's only because he was aware of what would be appropriate and this event although I may ofcourse be wrong. I loved the newest song and am looking forward to *hopefully* having their album to listen to somewhen this year. After and during, I did get to talk to lots of people from his site which was lovely as I hadn't seen some of the since York in December and some even longer ago (Hi Gayle and Corinne is you read this, it was nice to speak to you, and hi to anyone else who was there who happens to read my blog :-)).
Once the gig had finished and we'd been 'chucked' out of the venue we went back to the hotel, does sound like I missed out on some fun by not going to a particular hotel first but I had a good time anyway and it was nice to have a chat with some people back at the hotel we were staying at and I didn't want to go to bed too late as I was already shattered, it'd been bit of a busy day, but definitely worth it.

I think I will go to Collectormania 10 at MK if I can and if they have any HP actors there but before that I'm planning on going to a similar event to try and meet Elijah Wood and some people from Lost. Before that though there is that little problem of exams so although tempting I will try not to go to any more gigs between now and the end of them, well apart from maybe going to see Paolo Nutini in the half term, and I'm quite tempted to go and see The Feeling again aswell. *rollseyes* ;-)

I am glad I decided not to stay at Collectormania all day although I haven't heard anything about the Mugglenet podcast yet which I thought might have been put on itunes for us to listen to, hopefully it will be somewhen soon, I would have liked to have gone but i'm hopefully for a leakymug in 2007. Talking of podcasts, I sent in some impersonations of Rita Skeeter, Hermione and Sirius (head in fire moment) to Pottercast for their impersonation contest but it wasn't played in part 1 but it might still be included in part 2 as I did send it in quite late on although it might not be included at all as there was alot of better ones played already in part 2.1. :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to meet you too Jen, I was probably a bit drunk and a bit hyper so I apologise for any random rambling! Except for calling HP a children's book, I stand by that! ;-)
Glad you had a good time.

Corinne said...

It's not a children's book!

Please excuse Gayle's rudeness :-P