Saturday, May 20, 2006

Paolo Nutini

I went to see Paolo Nutini in Islington last night and I'm copying the post I made on his forum onto here for now, I shall try and add more of my feelings of the evening tomorow but as my GCSE's are scheduled to start on Monday and I don't feel ready yet I may not get chance. I will just say now incase I don't get round to blogging tomorow I've managed to get tickets to T4 on the beach so am hoping to see The Kooks, The Feeling, The Zutons and Embrace. There's lots of others announced, to be announced but so far I think they are the ones I most want to see.

Anyway here's my report from Paolo's forum -

I did manage to get to this gig last night. It was packed out although it was only quite a small venue. I think that most people were there for the last group (they got the largest cheer to start with anyway lol) but they did seem to like Paolo's set(who wouldn't?). I in the 2nd row from the front and right in the middle so got a good view and I did sing along to a few songs although as noone else was I didn't too much as I didn't want to look stupid. Paolo sung (I think, might get a name wrong) Alloway Grove, (one song I can't remember, thought it might have been rewind but not sure now), Million faces (?), New shoes, Loving you, Last request, and Jenny Don't be hasty. He was great as usuall and I think he prob gained lots of new fans.The other two acts were good, although only saw half the 1st as my train was delayed because of vandilsm (we had the police on and the doors were locked so noone could get off!) and the last group weren't really to my taste but they were good. It was very smokey though which is a shame and I noticed how much people talk all of the time, throughout all the performances. Much better at The Bedford where they have to shut up lol The eventfull journey and smoke was made worth it to see Paolo though Oh and the fact there were many good looking men about might have helped too Just a shame they were prob all much older, I think I was prob the youngest there and I think Paolo might even have been the 2nd youngest in the room lol More younger people need to go to these things I feel a bit out of place. Damn being a teenager.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»