Sunday, February 18, 2007

Timmmmber

That would have been a good word to have shouted at certain times yesterday afternoon. I took two partly willing volunteers, previously mentioned in last blog. to a little wooded area to film scenes (mainly sword fighting) for my media project (a trailer for a pirate themed film) both dressed in pirate gear, my bf making a rather sexy pirate I have to say. I do have a little obsession, no really I'd say it's a large interest in things piratey so it was pretty safe to predict I was going to incorporate pirates into my media and then enjoy watching bf dressed as pirate (complete with hat ala Captain Jack Sparrow) probably a little too much much. Though part of my reason for enjoying watching him was because I got to laugh at him and other pirate volunteer fighting, hurting themselves and bf attempting to swing on a tree that was never going to hold his wait hence the title to this particular blog. Despite having not overly serious volunteers I did manage to get most of the scenes that I wanted to filmed. Today I also filmed some more stuff for my trailer - this involved me going to Portsmouth, on HMS Victory and having a look around and then on a harbour tour (being a partly open roofed boat meant it was a rather cold but enjoyable - and also I find rather calming as I find most boat/canoe trips often are - none the less 40ish minute trip) on which I filmed part of the HMS Warrior and open water shots that I hope to edit so that they appear as if a pirate ship is in an ocean rather than an old ship in Portsmouth Harbour. I also took the advantage of their being various gift shops to do some shopping, filmed some random stuff, and bought a pretty though quite possibly over priced turquoise shell, a pencil with the Mary Rose on the top of it, a purple feather pen, a canon ball keyring and some chocolate for my mum. None of those things did I really need but I was just too tempted to leave the shop without them, having already spotted these possibly - possibly not - brilliant finds. I returned home happy, although rather cold and quite probably facing the prospect of red wind burned cheeks to have to try and conceal before college in the morning.

Going back to Wednesday, Valentines day, as I did mention this beforehand I felt I should go back to it and say that it was a good day, spent at home watching a DVD (Just like Heaven, which is a reasonably good film I thought with quite funny parts, and although it was quite predictable in parts, it was also unpredictable in others, it also had a happy ending which of course if you are a regular reader you'll know I like) and generally hanging out with my bf which was lovely.

I'm currently reading The Devil Wears Prada, got to about chapter 16 so far, I'm still interested which is a good thing but I have found that I haven't had that grip that makes me want to keep reading on and on until I finish the book in a day having said that it is still an enjoyable read, despite the slightly negative reference to HP ;P lol. I'll give you my further opinions on this book once I have finished reading it. I'm not entirely sure where it's going or how everything will end up so I guess you could say it isn't predictable, though not everyone will necessarily class that as a good point. I also watched another DVD this week - ElizabethTown, which is a rather strange film, slightly unbelievable in places and I slightly lost interest in other parts and was doing other things at the same time as watching but I liked the way it ended with you not knowing if they were going to end up back together and it was a happy ending again lol and don't they make a gorgeous couple. :)

No comments: