Sunday, March 04, 2007

The best live PotterCast in London ever!

O.k so the title is a little bit of a reference to John Noe's previous mentions of each PotterCast being the best whatever number it was on each and every PotterCast but it is a true enough statement, atleast for the moment, perhaops it will change when/if they return to do another, hopefully the next time with Sue too. So anyhow if you're wondering what I am on about, last Saturday I went to London, first to attend a Podcast about Harry Potter being held in a Borders in Charring Cross Road. I left on the train at about 10am and arrived at the Borders store at about 11 and as the podcast wasn't due to start and couldn't see many people about Iwent off elsewhere to grab some lunch. A little over an hour later I made my way back to the Borders store and upstairs to find that earlier I had been looking on the wrong floor and that everyone was on the next floor up so there wasn't many chairs left. Also nearly as soon as I arrived, a lady photographer grabbed me to ask if I'd mind having some photos taken along with some other Potters fans as I had my PotterCast t-shirt on. A group of 4 of us, were taken to the front, to stand infront of a display of the Potter books to pose whilst holding the books. After they'd finished with us, I decided to sit on the floor at the front, just to the side of where Melissa and John (the Podcasters) would be sitting shortly. This proved to be both a good and bad idea as although I had a good view, I also got rather still legs from sitting for over an hour with my legs bent in positions they shouldn't be for that amount of time. A little later than the scheduled start time, Melissa and John appeared and sat down in the large Border's chairs that had been supplied for them and picked up their microphones ready for the podcast. They talked about their experience in England, and their trips to see the various plays currently featuring some Potter actors and actresses. Talk then turned to the HP games and then to theories and questions about the books. There were many interesting theories although I think I'll need to re-listen to the podcast to remember what they were now! (If you want to listen go to - PotterCast.com or see the little advert thingy I have for it on the left). Once the Podcast had regrettably finished, the hosts hung aroudn for awhile talking to everyone, I wasn't sure what to say to them but I got my phot taken with them which was cool, I also didn't have enough courage to talk to anyone else there, I was hoping to meet some people form the leakylounge.com forums and I did recognise one or two people but I didn't, hopefully there will be another oppertunity to do so (perhaps at another Podcast from a different Harry Potter website ;P lol). After awhile I left the Borders store and made my way to Oxford Street to do some shopping. I found some fingerless long, stripey, purple and black pirate themed gloves and pirate themed socks on a stall that i couldn't resist buying and I aslo bought a top from Topshop that says - 'Pick flowers not fights' which I thought was rather cool. The Topshop there is rather huge, there is almost one floor entirely of accessories and such things. Thankfully it wasn't as hot this time, howeever it was rtaher busy. I qutie like the whole busy atmosphere London has but I also love the atmosphere when walking back in the evening when it is all dark and a sort of hushedness about when walking across a bridge over the thames, and the traffic and other nightime noise is just quiet background noise and you can see the lights and everywhere seems friendly and calm (near the London eye this is) I just love it. I don't think I would be able to stand London every day though as it does get rather too hectic and shopping with lots of people means you miss lots of things you might have otherwise seen. :)

1 comment:

0ey_woggles said...

I know, it was GREAT! I got decent(ish) seats and my friend jenny got to go up and say a theory. she was the One where melissa said 'omg its luna' and her theory was the neville being dispraxic one which i agree with! do you? i now have 'post podcast depresssion'1 not fair! oh well. it was soooo cool seeing melissa and john acually there and not only their voices!