Sunday, March 11, 2007

January Results

Well I went to college feeling excited about getting my results, I left college feeling dissapointed about having got my results. I didn't fail, I didn't do as bad as many people but I was dissapointed with what I got. I got a D in English Language and a C in Media. My C was I think to be expected as on the day of that exam my mind was quite distracted thinking about whether I'd manage the exam without being sick and I knew as soon as I'd come out of the exam that there were things I didn't mention that perhaps I should have done but part of me had still been hoping for higher. I don't know how close I was to getting a B would be interesting to find out. The D I got was my most annoying as after getting an E in my mock I spent alot of time revising everything I'd been taught and I wrote alot in my exam and felt confident that I'd written about most of the things I needed to and done well so was expecting to get atleast a B if not an A. The teachers were confused by the low grades and so are sending some off to be re-marked. They said that some have gone up from a D to an A after being re-marked but to not get our hopes up as they could alwya sbe re-marked and be given an even lower grade. It would be great to find they do get put up but if not I'll probably be doing a re-sit and as apparently these are put on the same day as the next exam in May it's going to be a little stressfull, and I worry that I'll mess up the next as I'll be trying to remember everything for the re-take one but hopefully it will work out o.k. It is still a pass and coursework (which I enjoy doing more and am more confident with) will count towards the final mark so should be fine for getting me through to be able to take the course to A2 in September *hopefully*. :)

No comments: