Monday, October 16, 2006

The best gig ever!

Well I thought so anyway. Atmosphere wise Paolo Nutini's gig at the Brighton Concorde on Wednesday was certainly the best gig of his I've been to (and I have been to about 8 in the past 2 years) and I'd prob go as far to say that I'd been to (excluding T4 on the beach which is totally different so cannot be compared to). When everyone sand Last Request back to Paolo and he stopped to listen and smiled it was lovely. I know that prob sounds stupid but I've been a fan of him since he was a not quite so good looking 17 year old just like any other artist trying to get signed so to see that all these people were not only there to see him but knew the words was great. When he then sung Crazy right at the end everyone was dancing and singing, it was hot and packed and I had some tall bloke infront of me (why does that always happen?) but I didn't care. I was loving it. He also sing rainbows which has become a favourite although my faves do change quite regularly. I think my friend enjoyed it too, she hadn't seen Paolo before so was cool to go with her. I'm not sure she enjoyed the journey there though as I was sick but the less said about that the better I think. Going back to the gig itself I managed to get my dad to meet me at the door with some more money so I could buy a T-Shirt and osme badges. I just couldn't resist the badges I'm afraid and they do look lovely on my bag. I had considered hanging around after the gig to try and meet the band and for my friend to meet Paolo but we didn't which was a little annoying as I later found out they did come out.

Now you'd think that my week couldn't get anymore exciting but oh yes it can well o.k nothing's going to beat that gig for awhile but I went to see Ed Byrne at the weekend who was very funny as was his warm up act although I did have to try and make it look like I wasn't laughing at some points as I didnd't want my parents to think I'd understood the joke if you know what I mean. Oh I also went ice skating and managed to get knocked into and stay upright once and then later on I don't even remember being knocked into I just remember landing on the floor. I think my leg has stopped hurting now though.

So I did say I hadn't deserted you all on here but what with college and stuff I'm a bit more busy that I was in the Summer Holidays. I can't think of anything else to add atthe moment, well I could mention certain things that I have been told by people but as people from college may find this through my Myspace page (www.myspace.com/mysecretsinside) I think it best I don't say too much, I am enjoying College more now though. Oh and I just have to remind anyone who might have forgotten that Halloween is coming up which means dressing up which if you read this you'll know I love :P I'm currently thinking of eather putting the hood up on my Hogwarts robes and being a simple Dementor or making a Death Eater mask, a slight theme going on with both those ideas but come on you really think I'm going to turn down an oppertunity like this to wear something Harry Potter related. ;P On a completely unrelated note I've applied to try and get tickets (by doing street teaming things) for Razorlight but am not going to hope too much as I think it is unlikely especially as I haven't been finding enough time to even do the reports I am supposed to.

No comments: