Sunday, July 09, 2006

The wanderer returns

I'd like to be able to say that the reason for my absence in blogging was down to my very busy schedule but that would not be entirely true although there is some truth in it.

My last post was made after my prom, in the middle of what I can only reflect as being 'not your average weekend'. It had started with my prom which is obviously not something you do every weekend, neither is going in a big posh car or having an almost all night party. The saturday that I last blogged on was reasonably normal but on the Sunday I woke early to get to the London Film and Comic Con, dressed in my elf dress. I was fine in the car, we didn't get too lost and although I had planned to leave a bit earlier we still arrived at a reasonable time. The arriving was a little scary to say the least. There was rather a long queue which if not quite concerning in itself, do remember that I'm in full LOTR elf costume and I can't see anyone else in any sort of costume atall!!! Me, feeling slightly self concious and stupid, you bet! I bravely still got out of the car and di walk to the end of the line where I stood with great hope of seeing somewhen else in a costume as soon as possible. Before long I had and felt slightly less stupid and I have to say by the end of the day I was relunctant to leave and get out of my costume and am already planning my next. I do think there were more people in costume on the Saturday which was unfortumate but I did see a few as the day went on and got a few positive comments regarding my dress and a few people wanted to take photos of me.

I was pleased to get in and be able to get my talk tickets for the Dr Who talk which I found interesting and the Elijah Wood talk which was good also. I also managed to get Elijah's autograph and my photo taken with him, he is very lovely and friendly although I did feel he was being rushed a little towards the end because he had lots more people wanting autographs and not alot of time until the time when he was to leave. I would have liked some sort of comment on my costume but hey we can't have everything I guess. I hope he did actually know that it was a LOTR costume atleast. :-)
I also had my photo taken with K9 lol and took some photos of all of the other guests, I did afterwards think I should have gone to the John Barrowman and the Lost talk aswell though. Also I'm thinking perhaps I should have got John Barrowman's autograph as he did seem rather nice. I got a couple of photos of him though (but they're not very good quality) -

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/jen01c/LFCC007.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/jen01c/LFCC006.jpg


On the Monday after this I decided to go up to London for the Pirates of the Carribean premiere. I didn't get up there until the afternoon so couldn't get near the entrance areabut out of the places I could have stood I think I did choose the wrong place as where we were not many of the bigger names walked by us apart from Bill Nighy, Orlando Bloom. The presenters of the Friday night project also walked by us, Mostly people just drove by us and I didn't get any autographs from any of them or many decent photos. I am now thinking of going to the next one, whenever that is next year and going early enough to get a good position is I can though.

On Thursday I went to see the film itself and I thought it was good. I liked the first one and although at first my feeling was that it was still better than the 2nd but I'm not so sure now. The comedy in it appeals to me and I love the comic genius lines especially those of Captain Jack Sparrow and I also love the not so obvious humorous moments and the sexual innuendo aswell. I do think the whole thing with Jack being the cheif and on the stick was funny. I wore a home made T-shirt (that didn't turn out as good as I would have liked but was still o.k) saying 'But why is the rum gone?' on it, so was pleased to hear a comment similar to it in this new one. I did like the links back to the first. I also had, on the back of my t-shirt, a line from this one - 'I love those moments...' which is also amusing. I have to say I'm trying to find another oppertunity/reason to go and see it again. I bought the 1st on dvd (I'd only previously rented it several times) and have watched that one again. I'm afraid pirate fever has taken over for awhile.

I do have a not so busy week planned, infact I have nothing planned this week, well until Sunday anyway, which marks the start of a busy, gig filled week including an oppertunity to see Paolo Nutini again. Speaking of Paolo, his debut single got to number 5 in the charts today which is great, having been a fan of him since back in about 2004 I'm very pleased and hope that he continues to have success. :-)

1 comment:

Corinne said...

You had your photo taken with K9 and you got pictures of John Barrowman?! I seem to have gone rather green *rolls eyes*