Thursday, June 07, 2007

Wizard Rock, well rocks.

For anyone not familiar with Wizard Rock, why ever not? Er... I mean it is rock that is to say music about Harry Potter, all sorts of bands exists with different styles of music ranging from The Whomping Willows to The Remus Lupins and Draco and the Malfoys. Apart from the great names they also make great music. O.k so I'll admit not all of them are the worlds best singers, but it's energetic, it's imaginative, it's fun. Some may laugh, some may just not get it, but some may love it. The most well known and I believe one of, if not, the first band to come about is Harry and The Potters. Now most of these bands are from America, as are these, but they were visiting for a U.K tour so naturally I had to go and see them. It was in a small youth centre, and arriving with my dad who later left me to it alone (none of my friends are really into HP enough to agree to come along - shame on them) and I was a bit unsure what to expect and didn't think there'd be many people there. I was wrong, o.k so there wasn't what you'd call loads, but there were more than I thought there might be and they were all rather more into it than I'd expected which was great. I admit I hadn't listened to a lot of these guys stuff, I'd heard some of their stuff, but mostly listened to other Wizard bands. So I could only sing along to a few of their songs but I had a great time. Spoke to a few people, one I'd seen before and the live PotterCast in London and lots had HP related items and wands (which I was jealous of - note to self - buy a wand) and some were even in costumes which I thought was rather cool. I bought a t-shirt, which is pretty cool too and a CD, couldn't resist I'm afraid lol. The gig itself I thought was pretty awesome, they were rather into it, and overly energetic, jumping around and such, I even jumped around for a while as did practically everyone, I also danced for most of the time, not worrying too much what people thought of me, all in all, it was a great atmosphere, which I think is a lot of what makes a good gig great. :)

Links -

www.myspace.com/harryandthepotters
www.myspace.com/theremuslupins
www.myspace.com/thewhompingwillows
www.myspace.com/dracoandthemalfoys

Other Wizard Rock bands can be found via the friend lists of those bands

http://www.pottercast.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.