Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I thought things may have changed back but can it really ever be the same?

Well having just read back the last blog I posted quite a while ago now it seems very strange to think that although some things are different other things don't seem to have changed at all.

I am still with new guy but I haven't forgotten the ex. I now feel slightly closer to the 'new' guy who is no longer very new but I am still not as comfortable with him as I am with a lot of people. I currently can't imagine myself ever being as close to anyone else as I was with the ex. I am now very close friends with the ex again and we seem to have got over the awkward stage and even though there are aspects of him that annoy/dissapoint/upset me he is my best friend. Trouble is because we are now capable of having a laugh like we used to and are close it makes me wonder even more so if I did the right thing. Now I am quite sure that I did at the time but I think there is a part of me at the back of my mind thinking that maybe in the future I'll end up back with him but as time goes by I see this as more and more unlikely. Although also due to aspects of his personality this is mainly due to the fact I feel I have become so close we have crossed some imaginary line that means we can't go back and can't be close than friends and I think I would find being with him very strange indeed. Now this doesn't stop me thinking but I still love him. Don't get me wrong though, I am still very happy with 'new' guy so that doesn't particularly help the situation although I think our relationship is inevitably going to be short lived because we will soon both be at Uni's far from each other. So for now I think I'm going to go with the flow so to speak and see what happens/if what I truly want ever becomes clearer.

No comments: